University of Toronto University of Toronto
Faculty of Music at University of Toronto
Home | Search | Site Map | Contact Us | Forms | Login
Electroacoustic Studio
 > Music Faculty > About Us > Facilities > Electroacoustic Studio

The University of Toronto Electronic Music Studio (UTEMS) opened in 1959. It was the second such facility in North America.

Myron Schaeffer (1908-1965), the first director of UTEMS

Pictured left is Myron Schaeffer (1908-1965), the first director of UTEMS, sitting in the studio, which was first located in a house on Division Street (neither the house nor Division Street exists any longer).

Room 0067C, ca. 1970

In 1963 UTEMS moved into new facilities in the Edward Johnson Building (pictured right, Room 0067C, ca. 1970).


Top