Welcome Faculty of Music Alumni!
The Faculty of Music alumni website exists to facilitate communications with our alumni and to help our alumni reconnect with one another and the University of Toronto
. Join us on Facebook!
Join us on academia.edu!
The Faculty of Music has many notable and distinguished alumni including:
- Professor Jonathan Freeman-Attwood, Principal, Royal Academy of Music
- Nathan Brock, Assistant Conductor, l'Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal
- Richard Lee, Resident Conductor, Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- Evan Mitchell, Assistant Conductor, Vancouver Symphony
- Julian Kuerti, Assistant Conductor, Boston Symphony
- Petar Dundjerski, Assistant Conductor, Edmonton Symphony
- David Haskins, Associate Principal Horn, Vancouver Symphony
- Darko Butorac, Music Director, Missoula Symphony Orchestra & Chorale
- Liona Boyd, internationally acclaimed guitarist
- Mychael Danna, prize-winning film composer (Capote, Little Miss Sunshine, The Ice Storm)
- Helmut Kallman, leading author in Canadian music history
- Alison Pybus, vice-president, vocal division, IMG Artists, New York
- Paolo Pietropaolo, Peabody Award-winning radio producer
- Mark Fewer, violin
- Erika Raum, concert violinist
- Barbara Hannigan, soprano
- Tanya Ell, cello, Cleveland Symphony
- Somchai Trakarnrung, Associate Dean for Academic & Research Affairs, College of Music - Mahidol University (Thailand)
- Wayne Strongman, O.C., Founding Managing Artistic Director, Tapestry New Opera
- David Elliott, Professor of Music Education, New York University
Jon Vickers, John Fanning, Teresa Stratas, Ermanno Mauro, Measha Brueggergosman, Rosemarie Landry, Mark Pedrotti, Russell Braun, Adrianne Pieczonka, and Sally Dibblee.
William Carn, Lina Allemano, Quinsin Nachoff, Mark Mclean, Gordon and Michael Webster, Anthony Michelli, David Braid, Andrew Downing, Heather Bambrick, Tara Davidson, Mike McClennan and Davide Direnzo.
Music History and Culture
- Gregory G. Butler, Professor of Music, University of British Columbia
- Eric Chafe, Victor and Gwendolyn Beinfield Professor of Music, Brandeis University
- Beverley Diamond, Canada Research Chair in Traditional Music / Ethnomusicology, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Cliff Eisen, Associate editor, New Köchel Catalogue, King’s College London
- George Haddad, Professor Emeritus, Ohio State University School of Music
- Donald A. McKellar, Professor Emeritus, University of Western Ontario
Please click below for more information: