Worlds Apart: Music, Nostalgia, and Absence in Canada’s Diasporic Communities Since 1945
Saturday, May 25, 2024 to Sunday, May 26, 2024
A conference and concert series at the University of Toronto Faculty of Music May 25 to May 26, 2024
Worlds Apart is a two-day conference and recital series that explores how refugees and displaced peoples in Canada have used music to “fill” cultural absences, create diasporic communities, and build intercultural bridges since 1945.
- Sponsored by the Jackman Humanities Institute, Program for the Arts
- Application due date: January 19, 2024
- Event Dates: Saturday May 25th – Sunday May 26th , 2024
- Location: Walter Hall, University of Toronto, 80 Queen's Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C5
- Director: Dr. Daniel Jordan
- Co-organizer: Prof. Robin Elliott
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the conference website.